As you know, I have had to put my blogger life aside for quite a while because I wasn’t in a good headspace and needed time for myself. But writing wrap ups are important for me as I love to read them over a few months after, to see how I evolved and grew up ever since. It’s usually filled with memories that I want to keep forever. Therefor I couldn’t pass on writing a blog post to wrap up the last two months!
Without further ado, here is my Winter wrap-up!
❥ WHAT I READ
I haven’t read a lot ever since the year started. I think it’s linked to the fact that I moved, but I am in a slump because I can’t seem to find a new reading routine which will fit me the best. For example, I used to read in the metro going to work but now I work 15min away by feet to my job so I can’t do that anymore. And now that I have more free time I actually spend it being productive instead of reading, which doesn’t make sense as I should take care of myself.
Anyway in January I read 10 books and in February I read 11. It’s still a lot but 10 books is my bare minimum, so I know it’s not normal for me to read this little. (But it’s totally fine for anyone else to do so, I talk about my own reading rhythm).
Here all the books that I have read (won’t make any graphic as I’m wrapping up two months in one, but they will still be there next month):
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid, 5/5 stars (ARC) 🌟
- You Had Me at Hola by Alexs Daria, 4/5 stars
- Resistance Reborn by Rebecca Roan House, 4/5 stars
- The Tower of Nero by Rick Riordan, 4/5 stars
- Spoiler Alert by Olivia Date, 3/5 stars
- The Bride Test bt Helen Hoang, 3/5 stars
- Lore by Alexandra Bracken, 3.75/5 stars
- The Legend of the Golden Raven by K. Ancrum, 4/5 stars
- Undercover Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adam, 4/5 stars
- Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan, 4/5 stars
- The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu, 4/5 stars
- Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas, 4/5 stars (ARC)
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn, 5/5 stars 🌟
- The Spanish Love Deception by Elena Armas, 5/5 stars (ARC) 🌟
- Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron, 3/5 stars
- 2 Spider-Man comics,
- 4 books for work.
As you can see, I mostly read romances which is now the genre I turn to whenever I don’t feel like reading. I’m really happy about it though, because I do love this genre a lot. And with it all, I only have one 2021 favourite so far, which is Legendborn. Honestly, go read this book. You won’t be disappointed.
❥ WHAT I LOVED
- Feeling more and more at home in my flat
I talked a bit about it, but overall it was really hard for me to move into my very first flat. I was feeling sad all the time, unmotivated and overall unhappy. But in January something changed and I started liking it… and now I adore my life and my flat.
- Having snow days
Snow made a comeback for 2021 and it was so much fun to enjoy those days with my friends or family. I love snow so much, I think it makes everything look more beautiful and it made me so happy to see it again.
- Creating new friendships at work
That’s the huge change in my life. I was really scared to open up to anyone because of some weird and traumatic experiences I had… but I did and now I actually have friends at work, which actually makes me happy. So, all is good, right?
- Cooking and creating drinks
Now that I live alone I discover that I adore cooking and creating myself drinks, especially recreating everything that I eat or drink during brunch (but since everything is closed I have to make it all by myself). It’s so fun and I’m so proud of myself for doing it all.
- Being more me
Overall, after months of feeling down… I’m feeling more me than ever now. I’m starting to love myself as I am and I do really, really love my life. So yay! (Big shoutout to all my friends who also are the best and who made me a better person!)
❥ CHECKING ON MY JANUARY GOALS
In January I wanted to get comfortable alone (which I did!), to get my life back together (almost blogging again, so I’m almost there!) and to enjoy some time with my loved ones, which I most definitely did. I’m so proud because for once I did it all and I’m feeling so happy.
❥ WHAT I WANT TO DO IN MARCH
For March, I’m hoping to:
- Get back to my blog and YouTube channel,
- Read again,
- Simply feel happy and free.
And that’s all!
How was your winter? Do you already have some 2021 fav books?