February has been, yet again, an amazing month. It wasn’t filled with many book blogger opportunities like January but it’s been filled with friends, events, books and more. I had the best of time and didn’t see the days pass by. I’m also proud to say that I’ve been depression and anxiety free ever since October of 2019 and living a healthy life with a healthy brain is everything. I’m incredibly proud of myself and I feel like a new person.
Basically despite the world dying and going crazy, I am living my best life this 2020.
So who’s ready for my February wrap-up?
❥ WHAT I READ
In February I read 17 books… I KNOW. It’s been so long since this happened to me and I’m so happy to see that I can still read more than 10 books in one month! What helped was me being on vacations for two weeks. When it started I realized I could read a book per day if I only read books which are 300-400 pages long. So that’s what I did, naturally, and it made me the happiest. Reading that much again reminded me of my love for books, for YA literature, for classics and basically everything I love.
When it comes to statistics, I read 6 383 pages, which is way more than in January. I mostly read fantasy books (9) but also read 3 classics, 3 contemporary books, 1 romance and 1 historical fiction. I’m surprised to see that even though I still read YA the most (11 books) I ended up reading 6 adult novels. What was also surprising was realizing I read more on my kindle (10 books) than physical books (7). Overall I gave a 4 stars rating the most (7 books), close by 3 stars (6) then 5 stars (3) and 2 stars (1). I also read 12 backlisted books against 2 ARCs, 2 re-reads and 1 new release. It’s really been a good month, I discovered new amazing titles, rediscovered some favourites, disliked some stuff and have been reading a lot of different things.
Anyway here are the 17 books I read this month!
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, 5/5 stars (re-read) 🌟
- Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray, 5/5 stars 🌟
- The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver, 3/5 stars (ARC)
- Infinity Son by Adam Silvera, 2/5 stars (ARC)
- The Vanishing Stair by Maureen Johnson, 4.5/5 stars
- Shadow Me by Tahereh Mafi, 3.5/5 stars
- Reveal Me by Tahereh Mafi, 3/5 stars
- The Hand on the Wall by Maureen Johnson, 4/5 stars
- My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier, 4/5 stars
- Shadowsong by S. Jae-Jones, 3.5/5 stars
- The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa, 3.5/5 stars
- The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston, 4/5 stars
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid, 5/5 stars (re-read) 🌟
- Bel-Ami by Guy de Maupassant, 4.5/5 stars
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman, 4.5/5 stars
- Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon, 4/5 stars
- The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout, 3.5/5 stars
❥ WHAT I LOVED
- Spending time with my friends
As I was on vacations I got to see my friends a lot and it made me the happiest. I saw some to take pictures, to go to the restaurant, to have coffee, to study, to go to Disneyland Paris and so on… I had the absolute best time and I’m the luckiest to have such precious souls in my life.
- Re-reading my two favourite books
During my vacations I re-read my two favourite books ever, Lady Midnight and Daisy Jones and the Six, and it was the best. Those books mean the world to me and bring me the most joy. There are no other books that mean that much to me, and re-reading them was everything.
- Going to the library with Roxanne
I also got to see my friend Roxanne twice during vacations so we could study/work together at our favourite library. I always cherish our time together and I miss her dearly now.
- Seeing my best friend
Obviously I found some time to see my best friend in February and as always, it was the best. I love her more than anything and seeing her is the best thing. If she ever reads this: Thank you for being here!!
- Going to Disneyland Paris twice
Me being on vacations meant me enjoying the parks more than usual. I went with different friends but it was always the best. I tried all the Frozen and Star Wars snacks, saw all the shows and met some characters. Also I’ll probably start a Disneygram account soon…
- Seeing Halsey live for the third time
If there’s one artist I adore nowadays, it’s Halsey. I’ve been listening to her ever since… 2015? 2014? I don’t even know but I’m in love with her and everything she does. Dancing on her last album was everything and I got to share it with amazing friends.
As I am now getting better and better everyday, I fell in love back with what used to be extremely important for me, and that is music. I am listening again to those old bands and artists I loved growing up, I’m playing guitar again and signing. I’m thankful to have reconnected with this part of myself at least.
- Almost Famous
Finally in February I fell in love with a movie, Almost Famous. It really spoke to my soul and I want to rewatch it all the time. I would highly recommend it, especially if you loved Daisy like me.
❥ CHECKING ON MY FEBRUARY GOALS
In February I wanted to work a lot, which I did, to register for my driving licence, which I wanted to do but it’s more complicated than planned, and to go out with friends, which I obviously did.
❥ WHAT I WANT TO DO IN MARCH
Here are my goals for March:
- Keep up with my work,
- See what I need to register for the driving licence,
- Get back to sport,
- Get back to taking care of my diabetes,
- Spend some time with my friends and family.
And that’s all!
How was your February? How many books have you read? What did you love?